Saturday, November 27, 2010
effin' holidays....
Well, here we are again....yet another wonderful holiday season. Today I actually braved the crowds and did some shopping. I had one thing I wanted to buy and it took me 1 1/2 hours. Wow. Are you kidding me, Target? I got there and I should have known the hellish experience I was about to have when I had to park 3 STORES over. Yes, three.... and when I pulled out there was someone waiting for it. Pretty sad. I got there and all I could do was stare as I first walked in. What the hell??? Were they giving something away for free that I was unaware of? There was a huge crowd and people had an insane look in their eyes. They had their carts flowing over with items and a serious, concerning glaze over their faces. I should have turned around and went back to the van right then. But I was on a mission. A serious mission to save $5 and get the "bonus toy included" which is probably a heap of junk. I finally made my way over to the toy aisle and went right to the "imaginext" items. The one thing I wanted was gone! UGH! I had called earlier and the lady said there were quite a few left, so I was seriously ticked. I went and found a worker dude who just looked at me with a blank stare. Ummm, hello? Well, I can't say I blame him. Poor kid. I didn't want to be shopping there...I couldn't imagine working there! So, I asked him again....and finally the light bulb went off. Of course, the toy I wanted was no where near the toys and on an end shelf. I got the toy and breathed a nice sigh of relief. Mission accomplished. I looked at the waves of people and KNEW I was missing some fantastic deal, so I started to look around to see what I was missing. I took my time and bravely headed back toward the toys. Luckily I found a baby princess doll that someone had hidden in with the cars, so I snagged that. (they were $5 and I knew Mallory would love it!) I was pretty proud. As I stood there gloating some teenage girl "walked" by me and made me hit the little stand of hot wheels. I stood there with my hands FULL and just looked at the girl, then looked at the hot wheels on the floor. Her head slowly looked at the hot wheels, looked at me, and then she turned and walked off!! I almost chased after her! Listen up, people.....if my kids EVER, EVER, EVER do something rude like that, you have my full permission to smack them and grab their hands, pull them over to the toy on the floor, and physically MAKE them pick it up! And I'm sure it will happen when they're teens.... I took a deep breath, and kept moving. I moved down one more aisle where a man and his cart must have been glued to the floor because he couldn't move even an inch for someone else to go down the same aisle. Why are people so dumb and clueless like that? Ugh. So, I went anyway....and you guessed it, my shoulder (yeah...my shoulder...not my fat butt as I would have thought) knocked over a toy that was sticking out into the aisle. He just looked at me with my arms full and went back to looking at crap. So, I had to make my little-not-at-all-little disgusted noise, picked it up, put it on the shelf, dramatically rolled my eyes, looked right at him, stood there for a minute making it uncomfortable, and then walked off. Well, that was it...I was done. I do still want to get one more present, but I'm pretty sure it will be done online. Now I remember why I get all my shopping done before November. I never ceased to be amazed by all the rude, inconsiderate people around here. All I have to say is, rude people or not, I am going to have a Merry, Merry Christmas! I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey I got one of those too for Caleb this year. Did you know it's been on sale for $5 off at Toys R Us for about 3 weeks or so? In either case Black Friday shopping rocked for me. I didn't hit any Targets though, I have heard that they were the worst this year.
Post a Comment