BUT they're beautiful.....and it's definitely, absolutely, positively been worth it.
Monday, November 15, 2010
Um, lady, you're a liar with a capital STUPID
I was at the gym the other day (yes, I go to the gym....)when the lady next to me striked up a conversation. She said she noticed me checking in my kids and wondered how old they were. I told her and then she said, "Oh my gosh, you are living my life!" I asked her what the crap she was talking about, and then she told me that she has a daughter that turned 6 in August (Tanner turned 5 in August), boy/girl twins that turned 4 in October (Mason and Mallory turned 3 in September), and a son that turned 1 last June (I just had Sawyer end of April). It was insane! I couldn't believe it! So, she basically is me in one year!! I was really excited b/c she looked rested and thin. So I asked her how her life is now....and after talking a little bit I realized she was not me.... not at all..... She said that her twins were so easy and that having the 3 kids was a walk in the park, but once she added the fourth she had a really hard time. WHAT??! I hate, hate, hate when people with twins say it was "so easy".....um....no...it's not. Look, peeps, just tell it like it is. You won't be any less of a person when you admit that having twins is hell.(and that's putting it nicely)Having one baby is hard, and when you have two at one time, it's a friggin' holy nightmare. I'm not sure what these women think they'll gain by lying that twins are easy. Do they think they'll be looked upon as a superwoman? As a woman who can handle it all? Well, good for them. As for me, I'll tell you straight up right now.....having twins sucked serious a** that first year. It was so hard I don't remember 99% of it. I'm glad I wrote things down because I look back and think, "Wait....was I here when they started walking/crawling/eating solids/getting teeth/talking?" You get the idea. It's all a big blur. Now that they are 3 it's a lot easier, but it's still not a "walk in the park".....friggin' liar, lady. Whatevs. Well, hey listen, she can be known as a woman with super powers and that'll be her problem. That way she'll get asked to do stuff and I won't because people will know it's overwhelming for me because I can't even handle having twins. With her, she'll get stuck doing a lot of crap I won't because she's telling everyone twins are easy, so they'll think "Well, if twins are easy for her, she must be able to do anything!" But with me.....they know better.

BUT they're beautiful.....and it's definitely, absolutely, positively been worth it.
BUT they're beautiful.....and it's definitely, absolutely, positively been worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm laughing so hard. That title is the best. EVER. I miss you. I wish I could have been there to see you listen to her.
Post a Comment