Friday, November 12, 2010

9 years....

9 years ago today Matthew and I got hitched! I still can't believe how fast time has flown by. We've had quite the time so far! I will admit that there were some really, really hard days in there. There were even times when we didn't think we'd make it and times I didn't want to make it. I've learned a lot over the years....a lot about us and a lot about love and a lot about me. After 9 years, I've learned he loves me. Don't ask me why it took so long! I know he loved me when I got married, but we both changed so much....like I put on weight and everything sags and I have an ugly c-section scar, and for some reason, it made me think he didn't love me as much. But it's not true. He married me and chose me for ME! He loved me and who I was and what my goals were. Well, I'm still pretty much the same and my goals haven't changed, and so why would his love? I know that sounds stupid, but a lot of you women out there just might know what I'm talking about....

I've also learned to let a lot of things roll off my back. We've been through some really tough times and because of them, I now know what things are worth fighting over. Also, some great advice I got from my Mom is to go to bed mad. Now I know that's pretty much the exact opposite of what everyone says, but it's true. Things have a way of working themselves out when you're not exhausted.

Overall, I feel closer to him than I ever have, I love him more than ever. He has his faults, it's true. I'm not going to pretend he's perfect....no one is. BUT he is perfect for me. He cheers me up when I'm sad, knows what days are "ice cream/movie" days, knows when I need his help, knows how to make me smile, knows how to make me feel important. We've learned how to work together, how to be patient with each other, how to react to each other, how to forgive.

We love our kids....they are truly the greatest blessing of all. The Lord blessed us with the MOST amazing children on the planet. They are smart, funny, happy, sweet, tender, loving, beautiful children. We would do anything for them, and they know it. They know we love them and they know we love the gospel of Jesus Christ and in that...we're a success.

There are some peeps out there that thought we wouldn't make it this far and didn't want us to. But guess what? We're still here and not going anywhere! SO BOO-YAH! (and get over it....)

No comments: