Wednesday, January 14, 2009

MATTHEW IS 34!

Yesterday was Matthew's big 3-4! I can't believe I'm married to such an old dude. For his birthday, the kids and I drove an hour to his work and brought him cake and ice cream. 3 other people at his office are having a birthday this week, so they're doing a combined party, but I decided he needed his OWN day! (I'm very weird about birthdays...I think they should be HUGE deals - refer to my 30th party- it all goes back to my childhood. Cathy, you understand what I'm talkin' about....) We totally surprised him, he had no idea we were coming! He just kind of looked at us coming in, and then did a double take! It was so funny. When he got home we continued the party.....it was a great night overall!
"Happy Birthday to you!" (and yes, that girl is keeping Mason from the copier....I guess my Dad's isn't the only one he's obsessed with!)
Tanner had a blast drawing wall-e pictures on Dad's desk so that Daddy could look at them every day!
The twins had a ball spinning around in Daddy's cool spinny chair!
There was a moment - as there always is with Mason- when we couldn't find him. I searched everywhere and finally found him in the break room playing with the water bottles. As soon as I walked in he gave me this innocent look and stood right up as if to say "What? I'm not doing anything..." We know better Mason!
Well, Matthew I hope you had a wonderful birthday. We love you so much and are so blessed to get to spend time with you each day. You're a wonderful Daddy and a great Hubby. Thanks for all the laughs you've provided us, and the lessons you've taught! Happy Birthday!! Ps. My bday is June 26th.......

2 comments:

Becca said...

Yes Happy Bday Matthew. I saw that on the SLMOT newsletter yesterday and was going to email...just like I am "going" to do lots of stuff. Hope he had a great day.

Sarah said...

What a great wife you are! I bet he just loved showing off his family. Happy Birthday Matthew!