Saturday, March 14, 2009
My kids...
The pressures of being a Mom is overwhelming. We feel like we need to have a clean house, have clean/presentable children at all times, teach them the gospel, teach them to read by the time they're 3, spoil them-but not let them be spoiled brats, and teach them the ways of the world all while looking great and smiling at all times ready for our husbands to come home and relax. This has really gotten to me.....the past few months, especially. I have been way to worried about the way my house looks, and if my children are "perfect" that I've lost sight of what truly matters. This week, I have let my house go, I haven't worried about what my kids are wearing, and I haven't been worried about being the "perfect" Mom/woman. I have just been me, and I have just been enjoying my kids. I have to say that I have had the best week I've had in a long time! I'm exhausted all the time, but it's not from TRYING to keep up with the Jones'. It's been from waking up early with my kids and not stopping playing with them until they go to bed. I have been on the floor wrestling, reading, playing, tickling, car racing, doing stickers, drawing, and anything else I can think of to play with them. I have had a blast! It's what I used to do when it was just Tanner. The twins brought a lot of changes in our lives and one of them was that I was just too overwhelmed to do anything. Now, I am really just trying to be me. And life couldn't be better. I feel like I have bonded more with the kids this week, than I have in a long time. Each of them are so special in their own ways. I can't believe that three kids from the same gene pool can be so different, but they are! Tanner is an angel. He's obediant, close to the spirit, loving, and a wimp. Mallory is a total girl, is funny, is comfortable being by herself, and generous. Mason is completely crazy, has no fear, is a copy-cat, just wants to be with the older kids, and in the middle of it all. I am so happy to be their Mom! What a blessing! I'm one lucky Mama.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it, good for you!
Post a Comment