Sunday, December 28, 2008

SO THIS IS CHRISTMAS!

This was a fantastic Christmas! It started off on Tues when we went to Tanner's preschool party. They sang songs and were visited by Santa! Santa took a REALLY long time, though, so we sang the same 4 songs over and over and over.... Tanner loved being up there. He was the star of the program. He was the only one that sang every song and did every action. Then, by the 30th time of singing jingle bells, he decided to do his own actions. Making silly faces, (and then at the end of the song saying "Hey, I made silly faces during that song!"), doing circles around the other kids, doing his own arm movements.... it was pretty funny. I'll admit that I'm a little worried about him going to school. He'll be the class clown for sure!
He's still not sure about the whole Santa thing. Don't you love his Napoleon boots? I bought them at DI and he wears them non-stop.
Mason spent the whole time under this girls chair playing. I think it kinda ticked Miss Becky off. She was all, "Let's put these away before someone trips on them." Um...Miss Becky...he's under a chair. I doubt anyone is going to trip on them. She obviously doesn't know the alternative : Letting Mason loose.
All babies love Santa
Mallory didn't like Santa but she loved the cookies. Smart girl...
After the program we headed off to my parents house to spend Christmas! We had such a wonderful time. My two brothers, Steven and Bubba, came and we had a blast! Steven was really tired from his drive from Texas, but was a real trooper staying up late and spending fun time with us. Bubba came up from SUU in Cedar City and he stayed up late playing Rockband (we couldn't leave the house without taking the Wii! Special thanks to Paul for making "Rockband 2008 tour" shirts for all the kids!! SO awesome!) and Mario Kart with me and Matthew. I seriously suck at Mario Kart. They did good, though. (And yes, ladies, Steven and Bubba are single. Bubba's 23, has a good job, a RM from Paraguay, super funny, very smart, easy-going, loves to be adventurous and creative, good with kids, and a perfect gentleman. Steven's 32, has a great job, travels a lot, great with kids, really funny, very smart, loves off-roading, is Jack Black....no.... Jack Black is Steven, and he's awesome! Let me know and I'll hook you up!) Anyways, we had a ball with everyone. My kids love their grandparents and their grandparents love them. The whole time my kids were waited on hand and foot. They were simply adored and that's just how they like it! We ate good brisket and had a wonderful visit.

Christmas Eve the kids get new pj's. They thought it was so cool! Despite how their faces look in these pictures....

Christmas morning:
Tanner with his plane in his stocking...doesn't he look so thrilled?!
Mason loves animals: real or fake! I think he liked the rocking horse but was pretty distracted by the brooms he got. *See below
Tanner having a deep conversation with his new giant robot from Grandma and Grandpa. We had seen it at DI but he chose a rocket instead. Well, my sneaky Mom put it in her cart and took it home. My Dad cleaned it all up, put in some new batteries, and got it to work! It was a hit!
Mallory and Grandma doing stockings...
* Here's Mason with his brooms. He's always liked brooms and my Mom decided to encourage it! Good idea, Mom! He loves them and hasn't put them down since...
My hubby is so crazy! I'm not sure why he put a bow on his head but it's funny! He took all the bows off of the other presents and put them around my present. He saved it until the end so by the time I got it, it had about 30 bows on it. It was annoying and funny!!
Mallory-lou-who I tell ya....


Tanner with his r2d2 and his wall-e. He had quite the day...we all did!
Thanks Mom and Dad for a great Christmas. Thanks Matthew for my gifts and for being willing to go to the in laws for Christmas! And thanks to Bubba and Steven for coming up and making it all the more fun! Maybe next year we can get Paul, Mike and Cathy to come. (Or maybe not...they have kids and I don't want to have to share the attention my kids get....)

4 comments:

Bubba said...

Wow. That's quite the raving review. Too bad only married women read this blog.

Sam said...

I have to agree Mallory look's exactly like Cindy Lou Who. The Grinch is Brooklyns favorite movie so I can't tell you how many times I watched that movie this month! Looks like you had a good Christmas!!

Blakeley said...

So cute! Mallory is Cindy Lou Who!! WOW! I cant believe that was bubba in the pict. Last time I saw him he was just a lil kid!

Roo said...

Hey, your brother Steven sounds incredible. I would love his number! It's this Bubba character I worry about. Anyone who goes by some made-up name instead of their given name is crazy...or stupid. Both. :)