Tuesday, December 15, 2009

a fun few days...

Last night was our FIRST Christmas tree lighting party! It was SO much fun! Matthew did an awesome job decorating our house and we had a great turn out!
It all started with the decorating. Matthew climbed up our 45 foot pine tree and would throw down a rope with a mallet tied to the end. I'd tie a string of lights on the rope and then he'd pull it up in the tree. Then, I'd arrange the lights to look perfect! He topped the tree off with a star he welded together on top and a countdown clock.
At 6:30 our neighbors and friends came over and had hot chocolate, cookies and brownies...in 20 degree weather! Hence the 2 fire pits we had. One of the pictures is of a bunch of adults huddled around the fire! ha! We all sang carols and then lit the tree! Then, a friends friend came from around the corner ringing the bells and shouting 'Ho ho ho' with candy canes in hand! The kids RAN to Santa and I think a fun time was had by all.
It was such a fun night! I'm so glad we decided to do it. It's going to be such a fun new family tradition!

The other pics are of Tanner and his best friend Jonas, Mallory in her new dress our neighbor bought her (Matthew did her Christmas lights on her house for her and she bought all the kids new outfits and toys! She's SO nice!) and then one night I went to check on the babies and they were in the same bed. SO CUTE








1 comment:

Sarah said...

that looks like so much fun. Very impressive too. Merry Christmas. Love Sarah