Thursday, October 22, 2009

withdrawal

I found out that the anti-depressants I take could be harmful to the baby. So....after slowing down the dosage, I stopped taking them on Sunday. It's now Thursday and let's just say that death would be a welcome visitor. I am so miserable. I am dizzy, feeling like I'm going to puke, can't focus, get sick watching certain tv shows because the screen moves too fast, about fell over in the hallway yesterday because the strobe lights from outside, and just overall feel like *#^@. It has given me a new perspective on people getting off drugs. I've been taking this medicine for 2 years solid, and am going through serious withdrawal from prescription drugs. I can see why people would try to stop their addiction and then get back on it. I would too if it weren't for the baby.

Thanks to Matthew for getting off work early yesterday and taking care of the kids for me. Thanks to my Mom in law for taking the kids today and tomorrow and of course thanks to my Mom who helped Tuesday and is going to help me today and tomorrow. ugh....

Please keep me in your prayers!

1 comment:

Breanne said...

Sorry to hear about that! At least with early pregnancy, I always take a half of a Unisom and a B6 pill before bed and it helps with all the crappy stuff. I hope you start feeling better soon.