Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I FINALLY BROKE DOWN...

Well, after getting TODAY: 3 phone calls in a row, an email from a friend, and reading Blakeley's blog telling me to do facebook....I did it. I feel weird doing it, I'm not going to lie. I feel like an old woman who's trying to be young. Oh well. I did it, and I'm still a little confused at to the greatness of it all. Time will tell!

In other news: Tanner has been so hilarious lately! We were driving in the car yesterday and Matthew called to say he wanted to take Tanner on a date. He wasn't sure what they would do, but he was going to take him out. So, I hung up and told Tanner that he and his Dad were going on a surprise date that night. He was like, "Where?" And I said, "I can't tell you it's a surprise." And he said (keep in mind he's 3....) "Well, just tell me and I'll still act surprised!" HA HA

And he's into going "potty" everywhere he goes now. So, we went to Sweet Tomatoes the other night and he said he had to go. He ran into the men's room and I waited outside the door. All of a sudden I heard the toilet flushing over and over and over...and I just knew...He walked out and was like "Mom! You have to see these toilets!" I immediately knew he was talking about a urinal! He kept telling me I had to come in, not understanding that I couldn't because I was a girl. Every time I told him that he'd say, "Well, it's okay. Just come look!" I knew it was empty because we'd been standing there for a while, so I poked my head in and sure enough...a urinal. Then, I had to act all excited like it was the best thing I'd ever seen, and try to get him out all at the same time. I told him we needed to go back to our table and he was all, "Well, I haven't gone potty yet." HAHA I told him to hurry and go, so he just pulled his pants down right there and then said he needed privacy because he had to go poopy. I'm like, "Then you need to come in the girls so I can wipe your bum." (The joys of motherhood...) So, he just walked across the hall to the women's room...pants down and all. What a kid!

Then, at Walmart today he said he had to go potty. I told him to just go, flush ONCE, wash his hands and come out. So, I'm standing out there waiting and I hear him screaming! I was about to run in when he ran out and said "Mom!! The toilet flushed by itself!"

Kids are the best!!!

1 comment:

brittany said...

sarah sarah sarah- i love that you blog, i do this more than that whole facebook thing anyway, I too can not get into that. Anyway, I loved reading your 25 things- thats hysterical, so you!! and I love your name, thats what I wanted for our next one if its a girl but my husband wants a family name so i got vetoed- i think the real reson is cause its his ex's name- men!!!!! anyway, love seeing you and your kids, your son is too funny-love, brittany