Friday, February 13, 2009

Hawaii '09!

This is a picture I took when in Nov '07 Matthew's Dad took us to Hawaii! Thanks again, Wayne and Diana! And thanks again Mom for watching my kids. Hawaii was so beautiful. We went to Oahu and seriously had the most amazing time. If you haven't been...go as soon as you can. There is just something about it. It is definitely worth all the hype.
A few days ago my awesome sister, Cathy, called me and said that her work is recognizing her for being an amazing worker by taking her and a friend to the big island of Hawaii. So, she invited me! First off, congrats Cathy! I know you've hated to work and leave your kids, but what a blessing it's turned out to be. You are an amazing person and extremely smart! I'm so glad they are recognizing you! And I'm so glad you invited me! (It makes me not want to kill Joe anymore. No wait....I still do...)
It will be the best time ever! I am so excited to play all day and laugh all night with her! She's seriously one of the funniest people I know, and can get me laughing about anything! It will be a blast. One word...Gainesville

Thank you, Matthew for being so supportive, not hesistating in your answer of letting me go and taking time off work for the kids. Since tomorrow is Valentine's I think I'll take this time to announce to all the blogging community how much I love you! We are the first to admit, that these last few years have been really, really hard, but I'm happy that we are where we are now. We've gotten to a really good place of mutual respect and love, and open communication. I love you so much! Thanks for everything!
ALOHA!!

2 comments:

Becca said...

I am so jealous!

Nicole said...

I'm jealous! Paul's told me how gorgeous Hawaii is, and heck - I watched Magnum when I was a kid! Thanks Sarah, for making a potentially difficult decision easier for me though: If I ever am in a position to have to choose which of Paul's two favourite sisters to take back to Cape Town with me, it's going to be Cathy - now that I know how you feel about Africa! Sniff...sniff...