He was so excited to go to school today! I took him shopping yesterday and he had a blast being the only kid with Mom and being able to look at stuff for him and not me! Especially when it came time to pick underwear. I have never seen a kid get so excited to pick out his own undies! hahaha We must have been in that aisle for an hour! It was pretty funny. We had a great time shopping and when we got home his Dad cut his hair, and gave him a blessing. Tanner didn't quite get what a blessing was, but Matthew explained it really well, and Tanner accepted it REALLY well. It was an awesome experience, actually. He went right to bed (unlike his Mom who was up all night worrying about it) and woke up to his chosen breakfast of bacon, eggs, and toast. ("Don't forget the toast, Mom.") He had 2 pieces of bacon and had the rest when he got home from school! When we got there everyone was just kind of standing around...it was pretty chaotic. Then his teacher, Mrs. Easton, came out and lined them up for pictures and took them to their classroom. Tanner has 2 friends in his class from the neighborhood so he was really excited! I was excited because I was too busy talking to the Mom's to cry! When I picked him up he said his teacher was really nice and that he can't wait to go again, but that he couldn't remember anything they did. That's okay...I can't remember anything from school either. I am SO happy and proud of him! It's all just kind of surreal b/c this is the beginning of an end for us. Now that he's in school- before I know it the twins will start and then it will be Sawyer! Crazy!
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Tanner!
Tanner had his first day of kindergarten today! It is year round school in this neighborhood...that's why it's so early. He goes this week and next week and then has off for 3 weeks....then goes again for 6(?) more. It should be interesting!
He was so excited to go to school today! I took him shopping yesterday and he had a blast being the only kid with Mom and being able to look at stuff for him and not me! Especially when it came time to pick underwear. I have never seen a kid get so excited to pick out his own undies! hahaha We must have been in that aisle for an hour! It was pretty funny. We had a great time shopping and when we got home his Dad cut his hair, and gave him a blessing. Tanner didn't quite get what a blessing was, but Matthew explained it really well, and Tanner accepted it REALLY well. It was an awesome experience, actually. He went right to bed (unlike his Mom who was up all night worrying about it) and woke up to his chosen breakfast of bacon, eggs, and toast. ("Don't forget the toast, Mom.") He had 2 pieces of bacon and had the rest when he got home from school! When we got there everyone was just kind of standing around...it was pretty chaotic. Then his teacher, Mrs. Easton, came out and lined them up for pictures and took them to their classroom. Tanner has 2 friends in his class from the neighborhood so he was really excited! I was excited because I was too busy talking to the Mom's to cry! When I picked him up he said his teacher was really nice and that he can't wait to go again, but that he couldn't remember anything they did. That's okay...I can't remember anything from school either. I am SO happy and proud of him! It's all just kind of surreal b/c this is the beginning of an end for us. Now that he's in school- before I know it the twins will start and then it will be Sawyer! Crazy!
He was so excited to go to school today! I took him shopping yesterday and he had a blast being the only kid with Mom and being able to look at stuff for him and not me! Especially when it came time to pick underwear. I have never seen a kid get so excited to pick out his own undies! hahaha We must have been in that aisle for an hour! It was pretty funny. We had a great time shopping and when we got home his Dad cut his hair, and gave him a blessing. Tanner didn't quite get what a blessing was, but Matthew explained it really well, and Tanner accepted it REALLY well. It was an awesome experience, actually. He went right to bed (unlike his Mom who was up all night worrying about it) and woke up to his chosen breakfast of bacon, eggs, and toast. ("Don't forget the toast, Mom.") He had 2 pieces of bacon and had the rest when he got home from school! When we got there everyone was just kind of standing around...it was pretty chaotic. Then his teacher, Mrs. Easton, came out and lined them up for pictures and took them to their classroom. Tanner has 2 friends in his class from the neighborhood so he was really excited! I was excited because I was too busy talking to the Mom's to cry! When I picked him up he said his teacher was really nice and that he can't wait to go again, but that he couldn't remember anything they did. That's okay...I can't remember anything from school either. I am SO happy and proud of him! It's all just kind of surreal b/c this is the beginning of an end for us. Now that he's in school- before I know it the twins will start and then it will be Sawyer! Crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it! I love your new blog style! So cute! Remember when you worked with me (the beginning of a beautiful friendship) and he was only, what, 2? or 3? And then I predicted you were preggers and you had to go be an overachiever and have twins. That was fun, huh!
FM 100 forever!
Post a Comment