I have been doing a "helping hands" chart for the last week. It seems to really have helped!For every helpful thing they do, they get a "handprint" stamp next to their name. When they get 10 stamps, they get a treat. If they make a bad choice, they have to make 3 good choices to get a stamp again. This is probably NOT what super nanny would do, but it's working for us. The best thing about it is that you can tell my kids personality just by the chart.
Tanner, of course, has the most. The hands are all placed randomly because he wants to do the stamp. And, he probably has a few more than he should! He tries so hard during the day to get a stamp. And really gets excited about it.
Mason, has a few stamps....he pretty much follows Tanner around and if Tanner does a chore and I make a big deal, then Mason does it too.
Mallory has one stamp. One stamp. Not that she hasn't had the opportunity for more. She just doesn't care. I'll say "Mallory, come do this so you can get a stamp." She'll just look at me, look at the chore, look at the chart and walk off. I know she's thinking "Stamp, schmamp. I'll just take whatever treat the boys get anyways..."
Cracks me up.
No comments:
Post a Comment