Monday, November 16, 2009
Disney on ice, Princess style
Last week there was a special on travelzoo.com (love it!) to see "disney on ice" for half price! Matthew suggested Mallory and I go on a date to see it! I was SOO excited. I got her an adorable princess dress (which she fought me tooth and nail to get on. Then, once it was on, she just kept looking in the mirror at herself smiling! And Tanner was so cute...he kept telling her how beautiful she looked.) I got a babysitter for the boys and we were off! I was running low on gas, but also running low on time, so I just thought we'd go straight to the show that started at 4. On my way to the e-center I got so lost! I was freaking out! And SOOO mad b/c the sign said to turn, and I turned and it was wrong! UGH! I finally made it there and panic hit me. Hard. The parking lot was empty. Completely. I drove around to make sure it was all empty and there were about 15-20 cars there and that was it! I had a secret hope that there was going to be a small crowd at the show as opposed to the alternative.....I was in the wrong place. Alas, my hopes were crushed as I realized I was, in fact, in the wrong place. I started crying and drove out of the parking lot thinking that it must be at the delta center! I got out of there right away and hopped on the freeway, speeding because I could still make it, just 15 min late or so! I was driving as fast as I could and then my car started slowing....slowing....slowing....stop. I RAN OUT OF GAS! I just cried and cried and cried! I called my insurance company where I have free roadside assistance and cried the whole time I talked to them. Then, I called smithtix to see if they could help me at all?! I cried the whole time I waited for them to answer (15 minutes!!!) and then cried as I told them we missed the show. They were so awesome. They told me they would just hold the tickets for us for the 7:30 show. I called Matthew and told him and he met me and gave me the gps. Good idea... So...in the end, we saw the show and had a chance to go to dinner together! It ended up being a really fun night once I calmed down. And she slept through the whole crazy incident, so it was all good!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad it ended well! How frustrating!! She is so pretty!
Man, that is super duper funny, not that it happened but that it's SOOO like me. I do that stuff all the time, don't feel bad. I'm so glad it worked out, you're a good mommy!
that little girl is too cute for words!!
Post a Comment