Friday, October 31, 2008

This is our front porch! I did the bat pumpkin, Matthew did the devil and scary guy looking in the mirror, and Tanner did the mickey one! I think this looked really cool on our porch like this. It was all covered with fog and was really dark and spooky and very cool.
This is a witch that Matthew hung up in front of our pine tree. He tied it up with a rope that stretched from our aspens to our neighbors aspens. It looked so awesome! You could hardly see it until you got close and then you saw it and it's red eyes glowing.

The graveyard. Our camera's flash is too bright! It was so cool all in the dark with the fog coming all around it. The green skull in the front is a strobe light! It looked so perfect right there!

Matthew behind the pumpkin set up



When kids would come to the door, Matthew would have it open a few inches already. Then, when they got closer he would slam the door. The kids just froze! A few kids ran away after that. Then, we would hear them going, "No, you knock." "No, you knock." It was so hilarious! Then, he would swing the door open right when the kids were about to knock and say in a creepy voice "Welcome...."
Matthew gets really into Halloween, if you can't tell. I don't really feel the same way, but I love watching how giddy he gets. And I must admit, I feel a little swelling of pride in my heart when a kid runs away crying. (It's happened every year....) Then, of course, I'm horrified that he made a kid cry. Also every year he has to step on the porch, take off his mask, and say "It's okay, it's just me." It's a really fun thing for all of us. (that sounds so horrible!!!) Even if I don't quite get the whole Halloween thing, I have the best time with it each year. We spend the rest of the night telling stories over and over again about how we scared so many teenagers. That's the best!





1 comment:

Kathrin Paul said...

That's so fun! Way to be all in to it. Seriously, Sarah, if you don't call me back. . .