So today was Tanner's preschool halloween "parade." I was so excited! I had my Mom come up to watch it! My oldest boys first parade. *proud sigh* How exciting! She came and was all excited too. She even brought balloons for the kids to carry in the parade, but sadly it was too windy outside. So we packed up the twins, and went over to his school. It ended at 11:30 today, so we were asked to be there 10 minutes before it ends to dress them up! So we drove over there, and I was a little late, as always, so I ran to the door, and had my Mom put the babies in their strollers. Well, I walk in the door to find all the kids in their costumes, the parents all sitting around them, and all eyes on me. What??? Did I get the time wrong? I never do that! Then, it hit me. Oh crap. I should have been there at 10 minutes after 11:00. Dang it. I quickly put on Tanner's costume, which luckily was just a box and a mask. He was so excited to finally be dressed up! (way to go Mom) I'm standing there, and Ms. Becky (why do preschool teachers always go by their first name? Do they think preschoolers can't say someones last name? If I taught preschool, my kids could say my last name....) had all the kids stand up front in a line. And I realized, that this "parade" was inside. Who the hell has a parade inside? I had to run my fat butt up the stairs and get my Mom and pull the babies out of their strollers so that we could go inside and watch the PROGRAM. It consisted of them singing songs they have learned (or listening to Ms. Becky sing while the kids stood there stupefied). Then, they all got bags and went around to the parents and got candy. So at the end of the day, I was a happy Mama. My oldest, sweet, cute, adorable boy was in a Halloween program. I was so proud of the way he stood there pretending to sing and picking his nose. My heart was filled with joy when he trampled over the other kids so he could get his candy. What a sweetheart. I couldn't have had a better ten minutes. Unless it was twenty minutes. That would have been better. But the thing that makes me laugh the most is thinking about the six balloons I have floating in my living room that weren't able to be in the parade because it was too windy. Silly us to think the "parade" would have been an actual parade. I think I should take Tanner out of preschool. It's teaching him the wrong stuff.....
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Preschool halloween "parade"
So today was Tanner's preschool halloween "parade." I was so excited! I had my Mom come up to watch it! My oldest boys first parade. *proud sigh* How exciting! She came and was all excited too. She even brought balloons for the kids to carry in the parade, but sadly it was too windy outside. So we packed up the twins, and went over to his school. It ended at 11:30 today, so we were asked to be there 10 minutes before it ends to dress them up! So we drove over there, and I was a little late, as always, so I ran to the door, and had my Mom put the babies in their strollers. Well, I walk in the door to find all the kids in their costumes, the parents all sitting around them, and all eyes on me. What??? Did I get the time wrong? I never do that! Then, it hit me. Oh crap. I should have been there at 10 minutes after 11:00. Dang it. I quickly put on Tanner's costume, which luckily was just a box and a mask. He was so excited to finally be dressed up! (way to go Mom) I'm standing there, and Ms. Becky (why do preschool teachers always go by their first name? Do they think preschoolers can't say someones last name? If I taught preschool, my kids could say my last name....) had all the kids stand up front in a line. And I realized, that this "parade" was inside. Who the hell has a parade inside? I had to run my fat butt up the stairs and get my Mom and pull the babies out of their strollers so that we could go inside and watch the PROGRAM. It consisted of them singing songs they have learned (or listening to Ms. Becky sing while the kids stood there stupefied). Then, they all got bags and went around to the parents and got candy. So at the end of the day, I was a happy Mama. My oldest, sweet, cute, adorable boy was in a Halloween program. I was so proud of the way he stood there pretending to sing and picking his nose. My heart was filled with joy when he trampled over the other kids so he could get his candy. What a sweetheart. I couldn't have had a better ten minutes. Unless it was twenty minutes. That would have been better. But the thing that makes me laugh the most is thinking about the six balloons I have floating in my living room that weren't able to be in the parade because it was too windy. Silly us to think the "parade" would have been an actual parade. I think I should take Tanner out of preschool. It's teaching him the wrong stuff.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are seriously hillarious! I am so glad we are becomming fast friends. I'll link you up to my blog so I don't miss any updates.
I think this is the post upon who's funniness I was supposed to comment. It is humorous, but I didn't crap myself or anything. However, I'm definitely going to use this blog as a way to show everyone that MY nieces and nephews are indeed cuter than theirs.
That's gross, Bubba, don't write "Crap" on Sarah's blog. I'm laughing about the front bum story. Did I just write that on your blog? Silly.
So funny, Sarah. So funny.
PS you look gorgeous in your family pic on the side. You're pretty.
Post a Comment